Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Sanctuary

Okay, I have no idea who wrote this song, and I have learned that I know a very different version than that normally uploaded on the net.
Let me start with a little bit of background I go to a coc school (church of Christ). For those of you who do not know, Church of Christ believe that it is a sin to worship with instruments...now, I don't want to get into this strange theological debate esp. since I don't understand any of their arguments, but it is beautiful music to listen to!! All of their singing is so lovely. Today, they sang this song that touches me everytime I hear it.

O Lord Prepare me
to be a sanctuary
pure and holy
tried and true
with thanksgiving
I'll be a living
sanctuary
for you

Lord teach your children
to stop the fighting
and start uniting
all as one
let's get together
loving forever
sanctuary for you.

1 comment:

Sharon said...

That thought often occupies my mind in chapel. Do these people really mean the words their singing, do I? Is God getting anything from this or are we just showing off our voices and mindlessly following tradition.